Saturday, March 10, 2007

For the record: Sreesanth's six over Nel and war dance

New Delhi: Sreesanth, whose famous war dance has now become a symbol of India'shistoric Test triumph against South Africa in Johannesburg, says he will try tokeep his aggression in control to ensure that he is not penalised in future. Sreesanth said that he would continue to be aggressive as a bowler but will becareful not to over-do it and risk inviting the attention of ICC Match Referees.
"I know that if I do something similar again, I could miss a game. It is my dutythat I do not do anything stupid," he said. The Kerala seamer, who was finedone-third of his match fee for his reaction after dismissing Hashim Amla in thesecond innings, said he had learnt his lesson and would not violate any code ofconduct. Sreesanth also disclosed what had transpired between him and AndreNel, which prompted him to break into a jig after hitting the South Africanpaceman for a six. "As soon as I walked in to bat, Nel said `I can smellblood, I can smell blood,'" the Kerala bowler was quoted as saying in `Outlook'magazine. "Then after beating me, he said `You don't have the fire, man. Youshould have a big heart to play. You are like a bunny to me.' He turned back andsaid it again `You are a bunny man and I will get you next ball,'" Sreesanthrecalled. Nel changed the field for the next ball, moving the short-legfielder to deep square-leg and told wicketkeeper Mark Boucher that he would bowla bouncer. "I am a fast bowler and was sure that he would bowl a length ball.I just took my chance and stepped out to connect the ball," Sreesanth said. "Iguess I just could not control myself when I saw the ball soar over theboundary," he said, referring to his impromptu dance as he saw the ball go for asix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home